Under the Water
The partially submerged crater of Molokini is simply one of the world’s finest scuba diving spots. Drop into some of the Pacific’s clearest waters to see brightly coloured tropical fish swimming over and through antler coral gardens. At Reef’s End, encounter manta rays, spinner dolphins, and during whale season, perhaps a humpback or two. Ask your Concierge to book this excursion.
Swimming and snorkelling
Black lava points at the tips of crescent-shaped body Wailea Beach help keep its waters clear, safe and calm. It’s dotted with coves perfect for snorkelling, while swimmers will enjoy the freedom of coral-free waters. The water temperature is an average of 75°F (22°C) in winter and 85°F (28°C) in summer. The Resort offers complimentary snorkel gear to all guests for one hour per day.
Explore the wondrous worlds of Maui beneath her waves. If you’re a beginner, complimentary introductory scuba diving lessons are available in the pool at 10:00 am and 1:00 pm daily. Maui Under Sea Adventures also offers the following daily activities, with applicable fees:
- Introductory reef dive
- Off-site dive at Makena Landing and Ulua Beach
- Rebreather and nitrox dives
- Scuba week certification - boat dive, scooter dive, night dive, wreck dive and unlimited beach dives
- PADI scuba certification – four ocean dives, with all equipment and materials included
- Night dive (for certified divers only)
- Underwater scooter
Activities and equipment
The Resort offers the following below-water activities and equipment on a complimentary basis:
- Snorkel equipment
- Introductory scuba lessons (in pool)