3 Day Family Itinerary
Explore endless beaches, try surfing lessons or plan a day of sightseeing. We can help you discover the best the city has to offer with a customised itinerary for your family's stay at Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisbon.
The following is a sample family itinerary. Please call or visit the Concierge to personalise your visit.
Kids will feel right at home upon arrival at Four Seasons. Each in-room mini playground is complete with DVDs and games.
Day 1 – Lisbon all around
Discover Lisbon’s picturesque Chiado quarter aboard the #28 tram and explore the Parque das Nações commercial area.
- Start our day with a visit to the breakfast buffet at Varanda Restaurant.
- Catch the famed “28” tram for the most picturesque route through Lisbon’s narrow cobblestone streets – a great way to visit many of Lisbon's historical sites at your own pace.
- Hop off at Praça de Camões in the Chiado, a great shopping district full of cafés where you can find the quintessential Portuguese breakfast.
- Stop for a nice refreshing drink at Quiosque Refresco, and hop back on and off the tram as your surroundings pique your interest.
- Record the amazing sights from the Santa Luzia lookout, the picture-perfect spot for a view over old Lisbon.
- Explore Nations Park, the former site of the Expo 98 World Fair where you find the Oceanarium, a water wonderland inhabited by sharks, rays, puffins and sea urchins.
- Right down the street, visit the the Pavilion of Knowledge of Ciência Viva, an interactive science and technology museum accessible to even the youngest scientists.
- Stop by the water gardens and end the day in a cable car for one of the best views of the city.
- Back at the Hotel, swim in our pool located in the Spa.
- For dinner, order from In-Room Dining and then cosy up for movie night.
- Select a DVD from our extensive collection, and ask for your complimentary popcorn and juice to enjoy with the movie.
Day 2 – Fun in the sun
Head out of town for a heritage-filled day topped off with a surfing adventure.
- After breakfast at Varanda Restaurant, take off for a scenic drive to the old fishermen’s village of Cascais.
- Here you’ll find beaches, shopping malls, restaurants, golf courses and fishing activities.
- Taste the ice cream at Santini, which is definitely among the best in the world!
- Next, stop in at Guincho Beach for a surfing class intended for beginners. The class starts out with practice on the sand before you hit the waves.
- After working up an appetite, have a relaxing lunch at Porto Santa Maria, where everything is delicious and restaurants command wonderful views of the ocean.
- Indulge in delicacies like traditional clams à Bulhão Pato, carabineiros (jumbo red shrimp) or fish cooked under a pure salt crust.
- Zip over to Sintra, a UNESCO world heritage town boasting at least five major palaces and convents mixing architectural styles from across centuries.
- Visit Sintra Toy Museum and its collection of more than 20,000 pieces from ancient Portuguese toys to Meccano’s famous Dinky Toys to thousands of tin soldiers.
- Explore the small streets in the city’s centre and find a sign that reads Piriquita. Here you must taste travesseiros, the flaky pastries filled with melon jam, almonds and eggs.
- Before dinner in town, travel up to the cream-coloured turrets of the Pena Palace.
- Return to the Hotel just in time to take part in the Ritz´s Scavenger Hunt. Follow the clues through the departments until you find the hidden treasure.
Day 3 – Belém delights
Take this opportunity to visit the riverfront and explore the Lisbon Zoo.
- Order breakfast through In-Room Dining before visiting Belém, a waterfront tribute to Portugal’s Golden Age of nautical adventures.
- Here you will also find the Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, the Torre de Belém and many beautiful monuments.
- The best attraction for kids here is the Calouste Gulbekian Planetarium. This 300-seat planetarium is located right off Belém next to the Marine Museum.
- For lunch, look for pastéis de Belém, the traditional custard that has a secret recipe. If you can, try them warm, right out of the oven.
- Make an expedition to Lisbon’s Zoo. Home to hippos, rhinos, lions, giraffes, monkeys and many other species, the zoo is fun and exciting for the whole family.
- Check out the Dolphin’s Bay show featuring dolphin and sea lion acrobatics while teaching the young crowd how these creatures live and communicate with each other.
- Enjoy pre-dinner fresh fruit smoothies, and cocktails for the adults, on the terrace of the Ritz Bar.
- Dine at Varanda on your last night in Lisbon.