Family escape itinerary
Make the most of your family time by exploring the culture and natural beauty of Bali, or simply lounge in sun-soaked bliss by the pool. Four Seasons Resort Bali, perched on the cliff of Jimbaran Bay, is the perfect spot for a family retreat.
An expert on Bali and its traditions, our Concierge would be more than happy to create a customised itinerary to suit your family’s interests and needs.
Just a 15-minute drive from the airport, the lush Resort in Bali welcomes you to a tropical oasis combining luxury with the comfort of a traditional Balinese home.
On arrival, kids are welcomed with an amenity from our Jimba Kids’ Club. Each young guest receives a Kid Arrival Kit complete with registration card, children’s activity programme and menu.
Day 1 – Relaxing Resort rendezvous
A relaxing day at the Resort begins with the discovery of all things Balinese.
- After breakfast, take advantage of the many activities available through the Jimba Club.
- Experience Balinese creativity first hand through the Kids For All Seasons educational programme of crafts, games, and activities.
- For a perfect island tan, bask under the Bali sun at our infinity-edge pool, which cascades in a 7-metre (23-foot) waterfall into the child-friendly pool below.
- Parents can enjoy some quiet time without a worry as their children splash away in the kids-only infinity-edge jacuzzi pool, supervised by well-trained resort attendants.
- Savour light bites at the Pool Terrace Café with its delicious selection of gourmet sandwiches, salads and pasta.
- Enjoy a complimentary cone of refreshing mango or lime sorbet served by our pool attendant, then catch a short afternoon catnap on the pool’s lounge chairs.
- Gather the family around the antique dining table and watch the chefs in action in the open kitchen before tucking into a hearty assortment of noodle and rice dishes.
- Tuck in for an early night, but not before enjoying a refreshing glass of juice with chocolate chip cookies – our compliments.
Day 2 – Cultural explorations
Wander farther afield on a journey to the eastern part of the island for a true cultural immersion into ancient Balinese traditions.
- Have breakfast in the privacy of your villa through In-Villa Dining.
- Witness the fascinating Barong and Keris dance at Batubulan village.
- Continue on to Celuk, famous for its gold and silver craftsmanship, before ending with a visit to the master woodcarver’s home in the art village of Mas.
- Pause for a brief stopover for a family picnic lunch by the riverside bale at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan.
- Journey on to the holy spring temple at Sebatu and the rice terraces at Tegalalang. Capture panoramic views of Lake Batur and the active volcano at Penelokan.
- Search out the Kehen temple in Penglipuran before visiting the famous art community of Ubud, where galleries and boutiques feature unique artistic finds.
- Arrive back at the resort after your enriching cultural exploration.
- Enjoy a soothing bath in the privacy of your villa and unwind before ordering a dinner through In-Villa Dining.
Day 3 – Castaways in paradise
Cast away for a memorable family escape on the open sea and uncover a vibrant marine world while snorkelling in the warm waters of the Indian Ocean.
- Begin the morning sail on-board a 20-metre (64-foot) luxury sailing catamaran to Crystal Bay, a remote tropical island in Nusa Penida.
- Snorkel some of Indonesia’s best coral reefs, teeming with tropical marine life. The waters around Nusa Penida are known for their crystal-clear beauty.
- In the shade of palm trees, delight in a barbecue lunch of sumptuous local delicacies fresh from the grill.
- Explore the rustic village and watch the traditional woodcarvers and sarong weavers at work.
- Sample a taste of cassava, a local favourite, and meet the islanders making flower offerings for their temple.
- Upon your return to the resort, rest your weary muscles and learn as a family in a private class on Balinese massage.
- Complete your evening with the freshest ocean catch in a beach-side feast at Sundara, our beachfront restaurant and bar.