The Four Seasons Resort Hualalai is full of fun family activities. Whether you are hoping to spend your days adventuring, relaxing, learning about Hawaiian Culture or playing in the sea, our Concierge will always have something for you and your loved ones. Below is just an example of the wonderful memories you can make together as a family.
When you arrive at the Resort, you are met in the lobby with chilled oshiboris, dried fruit, refreshing mai tais or juice, and beautiful, traditional leis for every member of the family.
Day 1 – Get to Know Hualalai
Spend your first day at the Resort relaxing and exploring the property’s facilities.
- Following breakfast at the oceanfront ’ULU restaurant – where seasonal whale watching from your seat will delight the kids – take advantage of the many activities available at the Resort.
- Change into your swimsuits and choose from our seven pools, including the Keiki children’s pool, and begin your vacation with a refreshing dip.
- At lunchtime, the poolside menu at Sea Shell will satisfy your appetite with delicious casual fare, or pick up a fresh fruit smoothie at the nearby Surf Shack.
- After lunch, visit King's Pond to feed our resident eagle ray, Kainalu. Kids learn about Kainalu from a Natural Resources team member, then get to feed him from their hands.
- Next, make your very own lei at the Ka’upulehu Cultural Center – keep it as a souvenir or give it to a loved one as a gesture of aloha.
- Dine at the oceanfront Beach Tree restaurant, where the Keiki Menu features kids’ favourites like macaroni and cheese, mini pizzas and peanut-butter-cookie ice cream sandwiches.
- Children’s table activities and gadgets – like a rotating pasta fork and an ice cream cone spinner – keep kids entertained while parents enjoy the meal.
- Before heading back to your room, stop by Hale Kula, a game and activity centre geared primarily towards teens but enjoyable for the entire family.
Day 2 – Hawaii's Big Island
Explore the Big Island with a jam-packed day of adventure.
- Order breakfast from In-Room Dining and eat with the whole family on your private lanai.
- After breakfast, rent a car through our Concierge and take a trip north to zipline across Kohala’s albizzia forest. Your final destination is a 32-foot (10-metre) waterfall with a spectacular view of our sister island, Maui.
- Enjoy lunch at the quaint, historic town of Hawi, home to a handful of charming art galleries, boutiques and restaurants set in colourful and lively plantation buildings. You’ll find everything here from handmade jewellery and crafts to homemade fudge and 100% Kona coffee.
- After lunch, head back to the Resort for a game of ladder golf on the beach, and afterwards, head to the Surf Shack for a shave ice – a cool and refreshing treat popular in the Hawaiian Islands.
- Kids ages 8 and up can learn how to snuba in our King's Pond, where our licensed instructors will teach them the basics.
- Family dinners on the beach are fun-tastic. Private family dinners can be arranged for parties of 5–12 guests. Features include a three-course dinner, private server, floral centrepiece and personal chef.
Day 3 – Fun in the Sun
Build strong bones and muscles for a lifetime of fitness and health.
- Following breakfast at the oceanfront ’ULU restaurant, enjoy more activities at the Resort.
- Kids ages 10 and up can take part in a junior golf clinic, where first-timers will receive an introduction to the basics of golf, while experienced players focus on the fundamentals of the golf swing with great tips from our pros.
- If golf isn’t their game, try the popular Kala Pa’a gold coin tennis clinic, which highlights the basics of the game while making sure kids are having fun.
- Break for lunch at Beach Tree restaurant and dine on California cuisine with Italian influences.
- After lunch, take a Keiki Drum, Dance and Rhythms class, sure to create fun memories for the whole family. Combine simple, dynamic movements with drum rhythms for an experience your child will never forget.
- Dine at an American steakhouse with local flair. Hualalai Grille offers steakhouse classics with twists on traditional sides. Set above the 18th green of the famed Hualalai Golf Course, Hualalai Grille evokes a contemporary club feel, with magnificent golf course and ocean views.