HUALALAI CULINARY WEEKEND
The inaugural Hualalai Culinary Weekend will be hosted by acclaimed artisan bread and pizza master Chef Ken Forkish. From July 20 to 22, 2018, Chef Forkish will host special events at our beachfront Resort. Each event will highlight a different aspect of Chef Forkish’s repertoire from pizza to tartines to specialty breads. Fellow Oregonian Nate Klostermann, Head Winemaker at Argyle Winery from Dundee, Oregon, will lead wine tastings throughout the weekend to complement Chef Forkish's dishes. Craft beer from Portland including Breakside Brewery and Cascade Brewing will be highlighted as well as local brews from Ola Brew Co.
Ken Forkish is the owner of Ken’s Artisan Bakery, Ken’s Artisan Pizza, Trifecta Tavern & Bakery, and Checkerboard Pizza in Portland, Oregon. Chef Forkish was a finalist for the national James Beard Award “Outstanding Pastry Chef” in 2013 and “Outstanding Baker” in 2017. As one of the key contributors to Portland’s culinary evolution.
The schedule of events for this three-day baking celebration feature intimate cooking classes using a Kiawe wood fired pizza oven, a tartine pop-up, bread tastings, and exclusive dinners paired with world class wines from Argyle Winery.
Schedule of Events
Friday, July 20, 2018
- Bocce Ball and Pizza at Bocce Ball Courts, 5:30 – 7:30 pm, USD 65 per person
Join Chef Forkish at the bocce courts outside of Hualalai Trading Company for the opening evening where appetizers, pizza, and Italian cocktails will set the mood for this culinary weekend.
Saturday, July 21, 2018
- Tartine Pop-Up at the Surf Shack, 11:30 am – 2:30 pm, prices vary
Enjoy oceanfront views from the Surf Shack, complimented by the smells of tartine – one of our Chef's most acclaimed treats.
- Barefoot Pizza Cooking Class at Beach Tree, 12:00 noon – 2:00 pm, USD 90 per person
Learn to create everyone's favorite dish in an intimate setting with Chef Forkish. The class will be held at Beach Tree's barefoot table, the perfect place to immerse yourself in pizza and beer pairings from local brewery, Ola Brew.
- Tasting Dinner at Beach Tree, 5:30 – 8:30 pm, prices vary
Join Chef Forkish for a tasting dinner at Beach Tree, as he demonstrates using his pizza oven, featuring delicious wine parings from Argyle Winery.
Sunday, July 22, 2018
- Brunch at Beach Tree, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm, prices vary
Beach Tree will open doors early at 10:00 am for this exquisite brunch with Chef Forkish. Chef's custom created menu items will be featured on the brunch and Beach Tree lunch menu.
* Ken Forkish's Arisan Breads and featured craft beer will be available throughout the weekend at Hualalai Trading Company. Hualalai Culinary Weekend events are available Friday, July 20 – Sunday, July 22 at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai. For additional information or reservations please call (808) 325-8000.