As the ancient saying goes, “In the universe, there is heaven; on earth, there is Hangzhou.” Set along the banks of the fabled West Lake, our hotel is a tranquil enclave woven with ponds, courtyards surrounding picturesque Chinese gardens, willow trees and mist-covered lagoons. Wake to views of mountain peaks, ancient temples rising from the greenery or the very waters that have enchanted poets, explorers and emperors for centuries. Start with a cup of Longjing tea in our Lobby Lounge before picking up your bicycles and heading out to explore the city, then come back for a soothing treatment in our chinoiserie-filled Spa, followed by dinner in one of Jin Sha’s private-dining rooms.
- Garden Terrace Room
Step onto your conservatory for a breath of fresh air, followed by a moonlit walk around your private garden or pond before heading back inside for a quiet evening and a peaceful night’s sleep.Details
- Panorama Garden Terrace Room
Take a break from a busy work schedule on your room’s large, open-air terrace that looks onto our idyllic Hotel gardens, while you’re armed with a fresh cup of coffee in the morning and a celebratory cocktail at night.Details
- Lagoon Villa
This family-friendly villa offers a little extra privacy thanks to a separate king bedroom, a living room and a dining area, as well as plenty of opportunities to marvel at our serene garden and pond from your terrace or beautifully landscaped patio.Details
- West Lake Villa
Gaze onto your private pond from the living room or from your outside terrace in this villa, while inside, you’ll find traditional architectural elements blended with a modern aesthetic.Details
- Presidential Villa
A private main entrance leads you into this palatial, three-storey, Jiang Nan-style residence, whose three bedrooms, private pool, exercise room, entertainment areas and multiple manicured gardens will make large groups and families feel right at home.Details
- offer valid for: Sep 20 2020 – Nov 30 2020
- minimum stay: 2 nights
- Reservation must be made at least 1 day in advance
- Daily breakfast at WL Bistro or through In-Room Dining for two adults and two children under 12 years old (guests may substitute Sunday Brunch at WL Bistro when it is available)
- Family picnic experience with boxed light meal, picnic mat and Frisbee at Hangzhou Botanical Garden or Hotel's private garden
- Access to our STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) education activity on Saturdays
- Access to our Green Guardian experience in the Hotel's private garden from Sunday to Friday
- Complimentary meal for children under five years old in WL Bistro when accompanied by an adult
- Always included for families: Customized family amenity; complimentary extra bed for children under 18 years old; full-day access to our Kids Club
A rose-hued light streams through the decorative, carved-wood panels at The SPA.
Tend to body and soul with rituals inspired by 18th-century Emperor Qianlong and his fondness for West Lake at our tranquil SPA, where illuminated floating walkways, intricately carved details and circular doorways will make you feel as though you’ve stepped into a futuristic Chinese palace.
- Make an entrance
Upon your arrival in Hangzhou, we’ll take you away on a traditional Chinese wooden boat, where you can sip tea and sample gourmet snacks as you float across the water, passing beautiful bridges and temples on your way to the Hotel.Details
- Local Gems That Can’t Be Missed
Hangzhou is a city teeming with history, culture and beauty, and we want you to experience it like we do. Our team shares their not-to-miss spots to help you experience China’s “Heaven on Earth” to the fullest.Details
- The scenic route
Hop aboard one of our complimentary bicycles and take a customized route to explore West Lake, a UNESCO World Heritage site that has inspired cultural fairy tales, myths and legends for centuries.
- A Dragon-Well Journey
Take a drive into the picturesque hills south of the city to see the legendary Longjing tea being picked in its namesake village, then try your hand at drying the leaves in a large iron wok.