Family fun itinerary
Ideally located in the heart of the English countryside, Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire is only a short drive from many attractions that will keep the family busy for days.
Below is a sample family itinerary. The Concierge is more than happy to personalise an itinerary based on your family’s interests. But remember, there are plenty of things to do right here at the Hotel during weekend breaks or a family holiday in Hampshire!
Children will feel like royalty when they receive a welcome gift on arrival from the Hotel's toy box in reception, as well as in-room amenity.
Our Kids For All Seasons programme runs on Saturdays and Sundays, and every day we also have fun activities for older kids (10 years and up) in Rose Cottage
Day 1 – Take in the views and relax
Relax after travelling and relish the beautiful English countryside.
- After enjoying breakfast in Seasons, take a family bike ride around the 500-acre estate.
- Then, take part in a falconry walk, where you'll learn how to handle these magnificent birds of prey.
- Next, enjoy a game of quintessential English croquet on our very own Croquet Lawn. The Concierge will provide you with equipment and rules of play (seasonally from April to October).
- After a casual lunch in Café Santé, adults can relax at the Spa, while kids take a swim in the 20-metre (66-foot) swimming pool.
- Finish off your day of active recreation with private tennis lessons led by a professional tennis coach. Tennis lessons can be arranged through the Spa.
- Take dinner in the casually elegant Bistro and delight in the fresh local ingredients, many of them grown right here on the Hotel’s estate.
- If Mum and Dad would like to dine alone, reliable babysitting services can be arranged through the Concierge.
Day 2 – A fun day out
Explore the surrounding area and world-famous historical sites.
- Take breakfast ordered through In-Room Dining in your room or suite and prepare for a day of activities.
- Take a trip to Windsor Castle for a tour of the historic home of Her Majesty the Queen. Purchase tickets in advance from the Concierge to avoid the queues.
- If you’re feeling a little hungry after the tour, why not have a bite at Strok’s, the restaurant at the family home of 17th-century architect Sir Christopher Wren.
- While enjoying your meal, take in the views from the restaurant overlooking the castle.
- Alternatively, you can bring a delicious picnic with you, ordered through In-Room Dining, and enjoy it on the grass beneath one of the old oak trees in Windsor Great Park.
- After lunch, visit Legoland in Windsor, a Lego theme park with over 50 rides and attractions, including Miniland with its famed models of Big Ben and St. Paul’s Cathedral.
- After a full day of sight-seeing and fun activities, enjoy dinner at one of our recommended restaurants, such as The Gamekeepers in Mapledurwell.
Day 3 – Take a joyride, or three
Hampshire is full of fun – you just have to know where to look.
- After a delicious breakfast in Seasons, let us transport you to the south coast to enjoy an exciting morning of sailing on the Solent straight.
- Take a tour around the Isle of Wight, the much-loved English holiday destination known for its natural beauty.
- Then, embark for Chessington World of Adventures or Thorpe Park for lunch. There are theme rides galore, all under an hour away.
- After lunch, ride along the Watercress Line from Alresford to Alton on an iconic steam train.
- When booking your tickets with the Concierge, ask about special events, such as days out with Thomas the Tank Engine, the beloved English children’s book character.
- In the evening, relax in your room or suite with In-Room Dining and a few movies from our DVD collection.