Every day, indoors and out, there is always something for junior travellers to do. Ask our Concierge staff for their favourite suggestions for family activities or sift through these engaging ideas. Either way, we'll go out of our way to ensure your family has a unique, exciting adventure in Florence.
Kids for All Seasons
During your stay with us, we would be delighted to provide your family with helpful information and suggestions for interesting activities and places to visit in Florence.
Some options include:
- Make Your Own Pizza
- The Art of Pasta Making
- Chocolate and Its Magic
- Let’s Have Fun with Ice Cream
- A Morning in the Market of Florence
Tennis Visarno is beautifully located on the banks of the river Arno, in Cascine Park. The club offers two clay courts and one artificial lawn court that are lit for night play. The clay courts are covered during the winter.
Estimated travel time 15 minutes drive
Estimated distance from Hotel 5.5 kilometres/3.4 miles
On the ‘Reniaioli’ Boat
Take a very original tour for the whole family with the "Reinaioli " boat, which travels along the Arno river before and during sunset. In this boat guests can admire the artistic and natural beauty of the city from the river. Used to organize the tours on the river Arno, the boats (barchetti) have long been used in Florentine history.
The Hotel will be happy to organize a private limo transfer that transports the whole family to the boat tour docking area. The excursion leaves at approximately 7:00 pm.
Additional Activities for Families
Our Concierge would be pleased to suggest and help you arrange fun-filled, suitable activities for your family's ages and interests. Possibilities include family-oriented visits to the Uffizi Gallery or Pitti Palace, with activities and entertainment specially organized for children; and excursions to Pinocchio Park, an open-air museum where everyone can experience the puppet's adventures with toys and fantasy playhouses.
A visit to Pinocchio Museum, which is dedicated to the story of Pinocchio and the Butterflies House, is an experience like no other. Located approximately within an hour's drive from Florence, little ones will be delighted to wander through this picturesque park of art and architecture, taking in a unique labyrinth,n that recreates Pinocchio's famous story.
The secret doors of Palazzo Vecchio
Palazzo Vecchio is the old residence of the Medici Family, with magnificent frescoes on the walls and incredible stories behind each door. The old residence of the Medici and current city hall is full of interesting history behind every door. They offer various tours in English such as the following:
- The Medieval Palace Revealed allows exploration of the oldest parts of the building, include a 14th century staircase hidden in the wall, the apartment of the Priors, and the guard walk on the battlement of the Palace.
- The Life at the Medici’s Court includes a visit to the ducal apartments, including the secret study room of Duchess Bianca Cappello, usually closed to the public. The tour concludes in the Gallery of Renaissance Costumes, where some replicas of dresses belonging to the members of the Ducal family are located.
- Museo Leonardo da Vinci: Dedicated to the universal genius and artist, this museum offers a unique experience showcasing the inventions and works of da Vinci.
- Galileo Museum: Highlighting the inventions of Galileo, this museum displays his passion for astronomy, and presents interesting facts about his findings through interactive learning.
- Stibbert Museum: A mecca of amours, ancient manners for the Italian Aristocracy, and stories about their rival families, this museum owns a large collection of artifacts dating back 400 years.