With exclusive offers, vibrant scenery and exciting activities for all ages, we invite you to see why summer at Four Seasons Resort, Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo is the sweetest.
Why Our Summers Are Sweet
Papagayo Explorers Club is our in-house adventure outfitter, connecting you to Peninsula Papagayo, our 567-hectare (1,400-acre) nature preserve. Choose your landscape — by land or by sea, solo or with friends and family. Summer activities include wilderness hikes, nature walks, mountain biking, water biking, outrigger canoeing, free diving and more.
- Extended July 1 – October 31
As a reflection of its commitment to nurturing holistic health, Wellness Season offers a complimentary Ayurveda or wellness consultation, unlimited yoga and wellness classes, a complimentary third spa treatment, vegan and wellness cooking classes, and a meaningful volunteer opportunity at a local school.
Water sports for everyone
Make the most of the beach with our array of water sports, including paddleboarding, kayaking, and snorkeling and fishing, or try fishing.
Peak Turtle Season
Let our expert naturalist guide you to the awe-inspiring annual arribada — the arrival of olive ridley sea turtles during peak nesting season. About a week before the new moon, hundreds of thousands of turtles come to shore to lay their eggs at night. Watch in wonder as their newly hatched babies clamber toward the sea.
More to Explore
- Incredible Whale Watching
- There are whale sightings all year round in Costa Rica, but whale watching is at its best from late July to November when the Southern Hemisphere humpback whales arrive at Peninsula Papagayo. After migrating to mate, they return here to give birth in the warm, tropical waters. Usually, in pods of about twelve, the whales spend plenty of time above the surface – hopping, fin slapping, breaching and fluke flipping.
- Sensational Sport Fishing
- Costa Rica is now one of the hottest fishing spots in the entire world. Book a boat from Four Seasons and journey into stunning seascapes to catch species you won’t find anywhere else. Starting in June, billfish and yellow tuna are in abundance, while sailfish and marlin continue through September and October.
- Connections with the Local Community
- Volunteering creates a more authentic and rewarding travel experience. At Four Seasons, we’ll help you get involved in supporting local schools. With Creciendo Juntos (“Growing Together”), volunteer opportunities include leading a yoga class for kids, painting a school, or even bringing a backpack from home filled with school supplies. High school students who take part will be awarded a community service certificate.