With exclusive offers, vibrant scenery and exciting activities for all ages, we invite you to see why summer at Four Seasons Resort, Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo is the sweetest.
Why Our Summers Are Sweet
Papagayo Explorers Club is our in-house adventure outfitter, connecting you to Peninsula Papagayo, our 567-hectare (1,400-acre) nature preserve. Choose your landscape — by land or by sea, solo or with friends and family. Summer activities include wilderness hikes, nature walks, mountain biking, water biking, outrigger canoeing, free diving and more.
The Gulf of Papagayo produces clean, world-class waves, with summer bringing water temperatures averaging 30°C (86°F). These sandy shores feel more private than other popular surfing destinations. We can help you plan a custom lesson with our partner, Tropicsurf, the world leader in the art of luxury surfing.
Peak Turtle Season
Let our expert naturalist guide you to the awe-inspiring annual arribada — the arrival of olive ridley sea turtles during peak nesting season. About a week before the new moon, hundreds of thousands of turtles come to shore to lay their eggs at night. Watch in wonder as their newly hatched babies clamber toward the sea.
- 8:00 to 11:00 am daily
Refreshing Spa Specials
Experience the serenity of our recently renovated spa, where the beautiful interiors include plenty of natural light and views of the sea. Take advantage of our madrugador “early riser” specials. Save on custom massages and Biologique Recherche facials. Continue the relaxation at our hot and cold spa tubs, saunas and steam rooms.
- Daily happy hour at pools and beaches from 3:00 to 4:00 pm and at Añejo from 4:00 to 5:00 pm
New Dining & Happy Hours
Enjoy the Wine of the Month during our happy hours. You can also find food specials on the menu at five all-new restaurants and lounges on-site. Additionally, our Four Seasons food truck serves authentic local cuisine at a price point to match. E-mail the Concierge to make restaurant reservations: email@example.com.
More to Explore
- Incredible Whale Watching
- There are whale sightings all year round in Costa Rica, but whale watching is at its best from late July to November when the Southern Hemisphere humpback whales arrive at Peninsula Papagayo. After migrating to mate, they return here to give birth in the warm, tropical waters. Usually, in pods of about twelve, the whales spend plenty of time above the surface – hopping, fin slapping, breaching and fluke flipping.
- Sensational Sport Fishing
- Costa Rica is now one of the hottest fishing spots in the entire world. Book a boat from Four Seasons and journey into stunning seascapes to catch species you won’t find anywhere else. Starting in June, billfish and yellow tuna are in abundance, while sailfish and marlin continue through September and October.
- Fun Family Fishing Competition
- On July 6, 2019, join the fun on a family-friendly, one-day deep-sea fishing competition, just off our shores. The Peninsula Papagayo Classic is a modified IGFA hook-and-pass team fishing contest, including gamefish and billfish divisions. We donate 15 percent of all fees to The Billfish Foundation, dedicated to conserving and enhancing billfish populations around the world.
- Summer Camp for Teens
- Your kids can discover Costa Rica’s natural wonders first hand. At Camp Jaguar, young people ages 12 to 16 participate in fun-filled explorations in search of adventure, self-discovery and connection to the natural world. Guided by expert staff from the Papagayo Explorers Club, the program features cultural and recreational activities, geared to all interests and skill levels. Join for one day or multiple days.
- Connections with the Local Community
- Volunteering creates a more authentic and rewarding travel experience. At Four Seasons, we’ll help you get involved in supporting local schools. With Creciendo Juntos (“Growing Together”), volunteer opportunities include leading a yoga class for kids, painting a school, or even bringing a backpack from home filled with school supplies. High school students who take part will be awarded a community service certificate.