WINTER FUN LIST FOR COUPLES
Chicago may be known as “the city of big shoulders,” but it is also home to Poetry Magazine. Translation: Beneath those broad shoulders lies a big, romantic heart. This winter, discover Chicago alongside your special someone with our suggestions for a perfect couple’s getaway.
Romance awaits. Make memories that will last a lifetime with activities that are perfect for couples.
- After checking in and settling into your room, make your way down to the bar at Allium for a handmade seasonal cocktail.
- Men, don’t be scruffy. Before heading out to explore, visit Merchant & Rhoades to get you looking razor sharp.
- Head to Bavette’s Bar & Boeuf, one of the sexiest restaurants in the city, for an indulgent seafood tower for two.
- After dinner, travel back to the Jazz Age with a visit to the Green Mill Lounge in Uptown, where the Alan Gresik Swing Orchestra plays until 1:00 am and you can dance the old-fashioned way: cheek to cheek.
- Visit King Café in the 900 North Michigan Avenue Mall to pick up some locally roasted coffee and freshly made scones, then savour your treats during your brisk walk along the lakefront.
- Make your way to the top museum in the world, The Art Institute Chicago for a look at some of the museum's acclaimed international art collection.
- Try lunch right across the street from the Art Institute at Russian Tea Time, where you can enjoy flights of vodka and warming stroganoff in a cosy corner.
- Spend the rest of the afternoon at P.O.S.H, one of Chicago’s most charming boutiques. Treat yourself to a set of vintage champagne coupes – you may need them later.
- Art of Romance: Uncork your inner artist together at Bottle and Bottega – a hands-on BYOB art studio in Lincoln Park. We’ll send the wine, you bring the strokes of creative genius.
- An elegant Italian dinner Spiaggia is the perfect entrée to The Magic Parlour at the Palmer House hotel, where you can experience an up close and personal evening of illusion in a private room.
- Begin the day with a leisurely breakfast in bed, then walk it off with the concierge desk’s Architectural Walking Tour of Michigan Avenue and the Loop.
- Once you've had your fill of fresh air, spend the rest of the afternoon in your suite enjoying an in-room couple’s massage.
- Begin the evening with one-of-a-kind cocktails at The Aviary, followed by dinner at The Publican for simple farmhouse fare in a space evocative of a European beer hall.
- Once your appetites are satisfied, wind down with a midnight movie in the comfort of your room. Choose from our collection of romantic classics from all eras and let us bring a variety of locally produced Chicago chocolate to you, including Vosges, Fannie May, Bittersweet and Mindy Segal.