WINTER FUN LIST FOR FAMILIES
There’s no doubt that Chicago is a mecca for family fun. With its great parks, museums, restaurants and stores catering to youngsters’ every whim and whimsy all over the city, there's so much to do and see that you’ll need multiple return trips to fit it all in!
Here's a fun-filled itinerary jam-packed with activities to get you started on the right foot in the Windy City.
Unlimited family fun awaits! Make memories that will last a lifetime with activities that are perfect for all ages.
Ready, set, go!
Now that you're here, it’s time to explore the Hotel! Visit the kids' playroom, take a dip in the pool, or try scheduling a visit from the Ice Cream Man as a treat before dinner in Allium. And while the night is still young, stop by the Concierge for maps and museum tickets, and pick up a movie to help you unwind before your first big day in our beautiful city.
See the Skyline
- Chicago’s skyline is nothing short of legendary. After fueling up with In-Room Dining, start your day by taking in the view from one of the city’s iconic observatories at the John Hancock Building or Willis Tower.
Have A Roaring Good Time
- Stop by for a photo with iconic lions that guard the entrance of the Art Institute, located in the heart of Millennium Park. Once inside, you will discover that art is accessible and enjoyable for kids with the Lions Trail Family tour. After lunch at Terzo Piano in the Modern Wing, go ice skating under the “Bean.” Make a pit stop at Garrett's Popcorn and pick up a bag of "The Chicago Mix," a favourite among locals, before returning to the Hotel.
Give Your Regards to Broadway... in Chicago!
- Did you know that Chicago is home to more than 200 theatre companies? You can see some exciting family-friendly performances right here in the city's Theatre District, where the shows burst with eye-popping sets and storybooks come to life! See our Concierge for assistance with tickets.
Travel Museum Campus
- After a good night's rest, you will be ready to venture through town again. Begin your day by exploring Museum Campus with your first stop at the Shedd Aquarium.
- Walk next door to the Field Museum of Natural History, where kids will love visiting the dinosaur halls and seeing the many real fossils. The Crown Family Lab offers plenty of hands-on fun and learning. For more energy left to burn, head to the Adler Planetarium for a journey through the planets and stars.
- After another full day of learning and exploring, let the kids have some downtime at Navy Pier.
- Finish the evening with a horse-drawn carriage ride around the Magnificent Mile.
- How are you going to spend your last few hours in Chicago? You already discovered that Chicago is known for its cultural offerings and famous buildings, now it's time to visit one of the oldest zoos in America, Lincoln Park Zoo.
Come Back Soon!
- There's only so much you can do in three days, so make plans to come back soon and explore even more of our city!