Fall Fun for Families
Fall in Chicago is a thrilling time for local and visiting families alike. As shorts and sandals give way to sweaters and jackets, Chicago buzzes with excitement, and families can discover an array of new opportunities for city fun. Visit great playgrounds, museums, restaurants and shops, and explore Chicago with our list of family-friendly activities.
Unlimited family fun awaits! Make memories that will last a lifetime with activities that are perfect for all ages.
- Stop by the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum to enter a haven of butterflies! This exhibit contains over 1,000 butterflies, including those never seen in our region!
- Start the day enjoying the cityscape views and order a light in-room breakfast. Stay in the neighbourhood and have the concierge team prepare a custom deep-dish pizza-tasting tour. Have them steer you to Lou Malnati's, Connie's and Pizanoz.
- Next, take a Haunted Segway Tour to see the city in a flash and hear the spooky stories of Old Chicago. (For kids ages 14 and up.)
- Head to Wicker Park for dinner at Hot Chocolate... yes, for dinner. The delicious riffs on the American classics such as the pretzel with beer cheese, and frozen hot chocolate for dessert are sure to keep you coming back for more.
- Have a classic Chicago start to your morning at Lou Mitchell's. This old fashioned diner is along the original Route 66 and serves ladies and children Milk Duds upon arrival. For that last Chicago souvenir, stop and design your own T-shirt(s) at the T-Shirt Deli, where creations are wrapped in butcher paper before being placed in a bag with potato chips.