At Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at The First Residence, romance meets ancient history for honeymooners and couples. The following is a sample couples’ itinerary. For a custom itinerary perfectly tailored to your interests, please call or visit the Concierge.
Honeymooners will be presented with some very special amenities, including candles and flowers.
Day 1 – A taste of Cairo’s history
- Visit the Egyptian Museum, where you will find a number of fascinating pharaonic treasures, including Tut’s famous golden mask and many of his other golden belongings.
- Head to the Giza pyramids and marvel at the massive ancient structures, then admire the wonderful Sphinx up close to get a sense of the power and intelligence of the ancient Egyptians.
- Have your lunch at one of our recommended restaurants overlooking the pyramids, and dine while taking in the stunning scene.
- Return to the Hotel and completely relax with our Time Together spa promotion for couples.
- Mix entertainment with culture by attending one of the amazing shows at the Cairo Opera House. Our Concierge will be pleased to provide you with a schedule of events.
- For dinner, choose any of the Hotel’s fine restaurants for world-class cuisine and service.
- After your meal, enjoy dessert and drinks accompanied by piano music in the Tea Lounge.
Day 2 – Old Town
- Head towards Old Cairo, where you can see the Babylon Fortress, the Synagogue and the Hanging Church.
- Nearby, visit Saladin’s Fortress, called the Citadel, and the blue mosque of Egypt (or as the locals call it, the Alabaster Mosque).
- Don’t miss visiting Khan El Khalili Bazar, the old market, to shop for Egyptian souvenirs.
- Take a lunch break at Naguib Mahfouz restaurant for authentic Egyptian cuisine and Old World atmosphere.
- Explore the shopping mall attached to the Hotel, which offers high-quality, name-brand shopping.
Day 3 – Adventure, relaxation and romance
- Take a horseback ride, camel ride or a quad runner right into the Sahara Desert, surrounding the pyramids area.
- Back at the Hotel, relax and enjoy Egypt’s wonderful sun in the Hotel’s outdoor swimming pool.
- Have a delicious lunch in one of the poolside pergolas provided by Aura, the Lebanese restaurant overlooking the pool.
- If you’re feeling hungry later on, take advantage of our amazing high tea menu at the Tea Lounge, with its blue stained glass and trompe l’oeil ceiling.
- At sunset, take a romantic felucca ride along the Nile River and continue until night falls and the city lights up all around you.
- For dinner, sample authentic Egyptian home-style cuisine in Abu El Sid restaurant, and don’t miss the special Egyptian sweets for dessert.
- Relax in your cosy and comfortable guest room while watching one of the complimentary DVDs from the DVD library at the Concierge Desk.