Family Fun Itinerary
At Four Seasons Cairo at The First Residence, we help your family discover the oldest and most interesting civilization in the world, starting with one of the world’s wonders: the Pyramids of Giza. The following is a sample family itinerary. To tailor an itinerary to your family’s needs and interests, please call or visit our Concierge.
Kids and parents will feel right at home when they are greeted with a personalized welcome amenity from our toy wagon.
Day 1 – A taste of Cairo’s history
- Visit the Egyptian Museum, where you will find a number of fascinating pharaonic treasures, including Tut’s famous golden mask and many of his other golden belongings.
- Head to the Giza pyramids and marvel at the massive ancient structures, then admire the wonderful Sphinx up close to get a sense of the power and intelligence of the ancient Egyptians.
- Have your lunch at one of our recommended restaurants overlooking the pyramids, and dine while taking in the stunning scene.
- Mix entertainment with culture by attending one of the amazing shows at the Cairo Opera House. Our Concierge will be pleased to provide you with a schedule of events.
- For dinner, visit La Gourmandise, where a contemporary French menu is designed to satisfy the palates of everyone in the family.
- After your meal, head to the Tea Lounge for sweets and drinks accompanied by piano music.
Day 2 – Old Town
- Head towards Old Cairo, where the whole family can wonder at the Babylon Fortress, the Synagogue and the Hanging Church.
- Nearby, visit Saladin’s Fortress, called the Citadel, and the blue mosque of Egypt, or as the locals call it, the Alabaster Mosque.
- For lunch, choose one of the restaurants overlooking the Citadel and the Old Town at Al Azhar Park.
- After their meal, the kids can run around enjoying the park’s wonderful landscapes and playgrounds.
- Don’t miss visiting Khan El Khalili Bazar, the old market, to shop for Egyptian souvenirs everyone can take home to show their friends.
- Explore the shopping mall attached to the Hotel, where you’ll discover unique fabrics, a play station and fun area for kids and name-brand shopping.
- For dinner, choose one of the mall’s restaurants.
Day 3 – Adventure and relaxation
- Visit the Giza Zoo for an experience that’s fun for the whole family.
- Later, take a horseback ride, camel ride or a quad runner right into the Sahara Desert, surrounding the pyramids area.
- Back at the Hotel, cool off in the outdoor swimming pool and have a delicious lunch in one of the poolside pergolas provided by Aura, the Lebanese restaurant overlooking the pool.
- At sunset, take a memorable felucca ride along the Nile River and continue until night falls and the city lights up all around you.
- For dinner, sample authentic Egyptian home-style cuisine in Abu El Sid restaurant, and don’t miss the special Egyptian sweets for dessert.
- Relax in your cozy and comfortable guest room while watching one of the complimentary DVDs from the DVD library at the Concierge Desk.