The following is a sample three-day itinerary for a guys’ weekend getaway. For an itinerary customized to your specific interests, please contact our Concierge.
Day 1 – Sweat, Shoot, Sip
- Enjoy over 10 miles of jogging, walking and biking trails that are located right behind the Hotel, or take to the water with a canoe or kayak rental from the nearby Waller Creek Boathouse. The Concierge is happy to arrange a private boot camp lesson on the back lawn.
- Continue your healthy habits with a smoothie and breakfast taco from Alta’s Café, a lakeside spot serving up great food and stunning views from their deck. Indulge yourself with a meal at Voodoo Doughnuts or Easy Tiger, both great spots for decadent baked treats and fresh-brewed coffee.
- Give Clint Eastwood a run for his money at The Range, Austin’s premier indoor shooting facility offering a safe, upscale environment for seasoned shooters and curious beginners alike. Expert private instruction is available, or groups can take their turn at target practice on 37 rifle-rated lanes.
- Relax with lunch at Polvos, a Tex-Mex staple with a self-serve salsa bar and eight potent flavors of frozen margaritas.
- Work up an appetite with a leisurely walk to Lamberts, a bustling restaurant housed in a historic building on 2nd Street. Since 2005, Lamberts has delighted diners with its “fancy barbecue,” laid-back atmosphere and warm professional service.
- Feed your soul with Austin’s famous music scene. Musicians perform nightly in the bar above Lambert’s dining room, or hop in a cab and head south of the lake to Saxon Pub, a hole-in-the-wall live music venue Kris Kristofferson likened to “playing in his own living room.”
Day 2 – Vintage Cowboy
- Enjoy a little extra sleep in the comfort of your Four Seasons bed. Then hit the other Snooze, a South Lamar hotspot specializing in breakfast favorites all day long. The wait can be long, especially on weekends, but boozy breakfast cocktails are available at the bar while you wait.
- Having been a savvy planner, you asked the Concierge to arrange a Mercedes Sprinter party bus for the ultimate convenience for you and your crew to head out to a private ranch for a day full of fun.
- At the ranch, embrace your inner cowboy with horseback riding, ATV adventures, skeet shooting, fishing and archery, all available through Texas Trail Rides.
- When it comes time to eat, you’ll be delighted to find a full spread of catered barbeque from The Salt Lick, a true Texas institution.
- On your way back into town, make a pit stop at Jester King Brewery for a guided tour and a visit to their tasting room, where you can sample a wide selection of hand-crafted beer flights.
- After your beer tasting, head down the road to Pieous for some of the tastiest pizza and pastrami in the state.
Day 3 – Authentic Austin
- Begin your last day in Austin with the perfect fix for any lingering saddle soreness: a deep tissue massage in The Spa.
- Next, take a quick walk down the street for a few Migas tacos at Veracruz Tacos, recently voted the best in America by the Food Network.
- After lunch, take a trip to Barton Springs Pool for a relaxing swim with the locals. This natural spring-fed pool stays at a constant 68°F, providing for a refreshing dip year round but especially when temperatures start to heat up.
- Take a break from swimming and sunning to experience one of the quintessential aspects of quirky Austin: food trucks. The Picnic food truck park on Barton Springs Road features popular favorites such as Kebabalicious, The Mighty Cone and Hey Cupcake!, allowing you to sample your way through some of the city’s best street food.
- Bring out your competitive side at K1 Racing, where indoor adult go-carts rule the road. Speed demons get to experience dizzying G-forces and speeds of nearly 45 mph on the track, with the winning driver taking home a bonafide trophy and bragging rights.
- After heading back to the Hotel, get dressed up in your best duds for dinner at Jeffrey’s with your best buds. Home to some of the best dry-aged steaks in the state, as well as tableside martini and cheese carts, this Clarksville eatery won’t disappoint.