The following is a sample three-day itinerary for a couple. For an itinerary customised to your specific interests, please contact our Concierge.
Depending on the season, couples are welcomed at check-in with a glass of warm apple cider or fresh, cold lemonade. Enjoy your beverages as you soak in the Hotel’s resort-like ambiance from the comfort of a hammock on the back lawn or a comfy lounge chair by the pool.
The outdoor pool is heated to a comfortable 82 degrees Fahrenheit, making it a year-round spot to enjoy the Hotel’s tranquil lake-side setting.
Day 1 – So cool SoCo
- Make like locals at Jo’s for your morning caffeine fix. This funky coffee shack serves homemade baked goods, sandwiches and a wide variety of coffee drinks daily.
- Sit and savour Jo’s brewed coffees or take yours to go and window shop hand-in-hand along South Congress Avenue, a hot spot for retro clothing and edgy boutiques like Blackmail and Stag.
- Both sides of the street are lined with unique-to-Austin stores that draw a crowd, making SoCo the perfect place to sit back, people watch and take in the city’s hip character.
- For lunch, head to some of the area’s famed food trucks. Local favourites on South Congress and South First streets include Torchy’s Tacos and for dessert, Hey Cupcake.
- After lunch, take a detour on the way back to the Hotel with a stroll around the Lady Bird Lake Hike & Bike Trail.
- Sites along the way include Zilker Park, Auditorium Shores and a statue of Stevie Ray Vaughn.
- Give your feet a well-deserved rest as you pull up a chair at one of the hip, yet casual, bars on Rainey Street. This tucked away district just east of the Hotel is decidedly unpretentious, making it popular among those looking for a true taste of Austin’s laidback nightlife.
Day 2 – Taste of the hill country
- A hearty breakfast at Magnolia Café, famous for its pancakes and "Love Migas" will fortify you for a day of wine tasting.
- The drive from Austin to the Hill Country is approximately two hours, but the time speeds by thanks to picturesque views of rolling green hills that are dotted with wildflowers in the spring and early summer.
- With more than 40 different wineries in the Hill Country, choose to head to Fredericksburg – for a walk down the town’s old-fashioned Main Street and lunch in one of the quaint cafés – or stick closer to home and visit one of the wineries in Marble Falls or Dripping Springs.
- One benefit of visiting Duchman Family Winery: it’s just a five-minute drive from the world-famous Salt Lick BBQ. Before you head back to Austin, stop by Salt Lick for heaping helpings of ribs, served with all the fixings. A word to the wise, though, Salt Lick is BYOB so you might want to buy a bottle of wine or two during the day while visiting the area's wineries.
- Live music several nights a week creates the perfect atmosphere for couples to dance a spontaneous two-step beneath the restaurant’s light-strung oaks.
Day 3 – Relax, it's Austin
- It’s easy to sleep in with Four Seasons new customisable mattresses and comfy linens.
- Wake up at your leisure and treat yourselves to breakfast in bed with brioche French toast or healthy granola with berries from our In-Room Dining service.
- Enjoy a relaxing treatment for two in the Spa at Four Seasons Austin. Try the signature 80-minute Four Seasons Sensory Experience, or for a quick spa experience, the Two Step Foot Ritual.
- Time to get outside and recreate! The Waller Creek Boathouse, located behind the Hotel, offers a one-stop shop for kayak, paddleboard and canoe rentals for couples looking to bond while boating.
- Bicycles may also be rented from the Boathouse, giving those who prefer their adventures on land the chance to push their pedals toward the Whole Foods Market Headquarters – also a great spot for lunch – or further afield to the Texas Capitol building or University of Texas “Drag.”
- With its lake views and greenbelt setting, TRIO offers one of the best patios in town for a romantic dinner.
- Dine on prime steaks and fresh seafood while sipping from the restaurant’s extensive selection of wines, available by the glass and bottle.
- For an adventure, stroll down to the Hotel’s boat dock for a view of Austin’s bats. These harmless high-fliers resemble a beautiful black ribbon against the sunset.