IRONMAN Canada Training Camp
Four Seasons Resort Whistler has teamed up with world-renowned athlete Paul Romero and his company, Uprise Performance, to bring you the ultimate training camp. Under the guidance of event coaches, physical therapists and Paul's team, you will improve your performance and efficiency during the IRONMAN Canada race on July 26, 2015.
You've trained all year for IRONMAN Canada race and the final days leading up to the big race are critical to help you prepare mentally and physically. Paul Romero and his team will help you fine-tune your performance for the competition on July 26, 2015. This camp will systematically eliminate performance barriers connected with all three triathlon modalities. Connect with the elite triathlon world in an environment built around individual luxury and team relationships, and improve overall health during training, competition and everyday life.
Hosted at Four Seasons Resort Whistler, the IRONMAN Canada Concierge Camp will address pre-race preparation needs including healthy meals, and fine tuning fuel and hydration strategies. A coached preview of the course will assist in perfecting tapering strategies.
IRONMAN Canada Training Camp Dates: July 21 – 27, 2015
IRONMAN Canada Race Dates: July 26, 2015
major coaching elements
Access to professional UPRISE Performance coaches will teach techniques and strategies to optimise your performance.
Stroke, cadence, endurance and strategy workshops
Bike fitting, riding position improvement, power, cadence and strategy workshops
Shoe program, gait, breathing and strategy workshops
Planning, organization and execution techniques
Overall, modality-specific and lifelong mobility training
Principles, planning, preparation and adjustment
Focus, relaxation and race-day preparation techniques
Principles, practices and individual programming for recovery
Scouting, problem-solving and individual strategy for course management
Balance, scheduling and race calendar integration
- Professional coaching by elite althletes from UPRISE Performance
- Luxury accommodations at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler (6 nights priced separately from Coaching Camp)
- Transfers from Vancouver Airport
- Celebration dinner with 2014 IRONMAN Canada champion Bree Wee and endurance professional Paul Romero.
- Cardio-metabolic testing: VO2 max and blood lactates for zone programming
- Biomechanical bike fit
- Functional movement screen
- Mobility and strength sessions
- Private photographer documenting the UPRISE camp and your finish in the race.
- Access to Elite coaches and support staff
- Professional bike handling and assembly
- Training and recovery strategies
- Educational sesssions: Nutrition, zone programming, race fueling and transition planning
- Welcome gift bag
- Express registration and bike drop off (avoid lengthy lines)
- Ironman Training Camp costs: 1800 CAD (price excludes lodging)