Sayan Couples' Sample Itinerary
Welcome to our treetop hideaway in Bali’s cultural and spiritual heart. Retreat with your loved one into the secluded embrace of nature. Peaceful spirituality, intimate mountain landscapes and enchanting island culture await. The following is a sample itinerary for couples. Please feel free to contact the Concierge to personalize your stay with us.
Enter the Balinese Resort over an awe-inspiring wooden cantilevered bridge set amid the treetops. Descend to the lobby where we warmly welcome you with chilled towels and cold tropical juices at Jati Bar. Relax at the bar while looking out over sacred views of the Ayung River Valley and enjoy a romantic dinner for two on the lily pond roof terrace.
Day 1 – Reflections of Ubud IN BALI
Escape into Bali’s secret garden. Discover the tranquil hillside villages, local life, and time-honoured traditions.
- Start our day by joining an experienced guide on a hike along the Ayung River Valley. Explore the terraced rice fields and jungle paths leading to the banks of the river.
- Along the way, witness the bucolic activities of the local farmers and learn about the complex irrigation system used in the paddy fields.
- You’ve worked up an appetite. Breakfast is served in a private bale surrounded by the vivid green rice plantings and the mirror-like watery surfaces of the rice terraces.
- After breakfast, guests yearning for a taste of the traditional Balinese lifestyle will have the opportunity to plant rice seeds, followed by a snack of young coconuts.
- Relax sore muscles and scrub away dirt with the river-stone bathing ritual called batukali. (Bathing in the river is both an age-old ritual and a social event for the Balinese.)
- The day’s adventures end with a traditional lunch of nasi campur, mixed rice topped with vegetables, meat or fish.
- Return to the resort and spend a quiet afternoon lounging by the infinity-edge pool.
- Sip pre-dinner cocktails at Jati Bar before heading off to dine in Ubud. Ask the Concierge for restaurant recommendations.
- After dinner, enjoy Balinese dance at Royal Palace in Ubud.
Day 2 – Resort Romance
Fall in love all over again in the healing tranquillity of Sayan’s green oasis.
- Greet the morning in the serenity of a sunrise yoga session at the lily pond.
- Stroll the resort's lush grounds and and explore gardens filled with tropical fruits, vegetables, and herbal plants.
- Enjoy a hearty breakfast at the Ayung Terrace restaurant.
- Laze by the pool or take a short trip into the village in search of souvenirs.
- Enjoy a pool-side lunch of wood-burning-oven pizzas at the Riverside Café.
- Take the resort's shuttle to the centre of Ubud, where boutiques and art shops market beautiful ethnic handicrafts and keepsakes.
- Prepare for an enchanting evening at Jati Bar by savouring cocktails and canapés while watching a spectacular sunset over the Ayung River Valley.
- Follow drinks with a romantic dinner for two on the lily pond roof terrace under a blanket of shimmering stars.
Day 3 - Local Exploration
Take a self-guided tour and discover the island’s ancient legends and lore.
- Explore the ninth-century cave of Goa Gajah, nicknamed Elephant Cave Temple for the creature elaborately carved into its entrance. You'll marvel at its bathing temple and monk’s chamber, as well as Buddhist rock-cut stupas and statues.
- Next, travel to Penatran Sasih Temple, also known as the Moon of Pejeng. Once the state temple of Pejeng Kingdom, it houses the world’s largest single-piece cast drum.
- Enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch arranged by our In-Villa Dining service while taking in spectacular views at a traditional penelokan (literally meaning "a place to look").
- Visit Gunung Kawi and gaze in awe at the Gunung Kawi shrines. Towering at 7 metres (23 feet), these shrines were carved right into the sheer cliff face.
- To experience one of the most sacred healing spots in Bali, journey to the Pura Tirta Empul (Temple of the Holy Water), a mystical spring that dates back to the tenth century.
- Upon returning to the resort, quietly close the day with a candlelit petal soak in your private villa.
- Be spellbound by the rush of the Ayung River as you unwind over a delicious four-course dinner, discretely served by your dedicated waiter in the relaxation pavilion.