Sample Family Itinerary
We can help you discover the best the American Riviera has to offer with a customised itinerary for your family. Explore the great outdoors, plan a day of sightseeing or simply relax and play in the warm California sunshine.
Family fun itinerary
The following is a sample family itinerary. Please call or visit the Concierge to help personalize your visit.
Day 1 – Arrive in Santa Barbara
Arrival at the Resort
Kids will feel right at home when they are greeted with a special Beanie Baby soft toy and a personalized welcome amenity.
- Kick back on Butterfly Beach or hit the surf with complimentary boogie boards.
- Play a leisurely game of croquet or test your putting skills on Monte Vista Lawn.
- Enjoy fresh California-Italian cuisine and sunset views in Bella Vista.
Day 2 – Fun in the sun
Following breakfast at Bella Vista or on your private terrace, take advantage of the many activities available right at the Resort.
- The Kids For All Seasons program offers educational activities to keep kids entertained while parents play a round of golf nearby or indulge in some alone time at the Spa. Or spend some quality time together with special spa services for teens.
- Play and relax at the Coral Casino Beach and Cabana Club – complete with Olympic-sized pool, diving board and children’s pool, as well as foosball, ping pong and shuffleboard.
- Kids will love the special surf-themed lunch menu at the poolside Coral Cafe and Bar, while parents unwind with tropical cocktails or smoothies.
Take advantage of the “You Dine, We Play” program, where parents can savour California-Italian cuisine amidst breathtaking ocean and island views at Tydes while kids enjoy Nintendo Wii video games and a special dinner.
Day 3 – Explore the American Riviera
Venture out and explore exciting, family-friendly off-site activities:
- Ty Warner Sea Center
- Santa Barbara Zoo
- Horseback riding at El Capitan Canyon
- Whale watching, sailing or deep sea fishing excursions
- Touring the Old Mission Santa Barbara, followed by a prepared picnic lunch
Enjoy some dolphin watching while you indulge in a pizza or delectable Kobe beef burgers at Ty Lounge.
Day 4 – Departure
- Take a stroll on Butterfly Beach or walk to the charming boutiques and cafés of Montecito’s Coast Village Road.
- Bicycle beside the Pacific Ocean and past the Andree Clarke Bird Refuge on beach cruisers.