Sample Couples itinerary
We can help you discover the best the American Riviera has to offer with a customised itinerary. Explore the great outdoors, plan a day in wine country or simply relax in the warm California sunshine. The following is a sample itinerary. Please call or visit the Concierge to help personalize your visit with activities suited to your personal passions.
Day 1 – Arrive in Santa Barbara
Arrival at the Resort
Upon arrival, refresh and relax at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara. Go for an energizing walk on the beach or unwind amidst the historic elegance of the fully restored property and the beauty of its natural surroundings.
- Sail into the sunset on a romantic cocktail cruise.
- Enjoy fresh California wine country cuisine and views of the city lights of Santa Barbara from your cosy fireside table in Bella Vista.
Day 2 – Fun in the sun
- Play an inspiring round of golf at the seaside Sandpiper Golf Course.
- Escape to the Spa and be pampered together in an ocean-view spa suite with the signature vineyard harvest ritual, which includes a full-body massage, a warm grapeseed clay body wrap and our Chef’s special cheese selection paired with a glass of wine from the local Santa Ynez region.
- Play and relax at the Coral Casino Beach and Cabana Club – complete with an Olympic-sized pool, a café and exclusive private cabanas overlooking the Pacific.
Savour artful California coastal cuisine and creative cocktails amidst the region’s most panoramic views and breathtaking setting at exclusive Tydes.
Day 3 – Explore wine country
Following breakfast at Bella Vista or in the privacy of your room, embark on a wine-tasting excursion to Santa Barbara’s renowned Santa Ynez Valley region.
- Tour the beautiful countryside by car, Jeep, bicycle or biodiesel van, complete with a prepared gourmet lunch. Experience the opportunity to taste and buy award-winning local wines – from traditional Syrah to biodynamic – at nearly 100 wineries.
- Take a stroll down Grand Avenue through the quaint town of Los Olivos, featuring restaurants, galleries, shops and a delightful array of wine-tasting rooms.
A romantic Italian dinner at Trattoria Grappolo in Santa Ynez or Ca’ Dario in downtown Santa Barbara offers the perfect ending to your day.
Day 4 – Departure
- Bicycle beside the Pacific Ocean and past the Andree Clarke Bird Refuge on the Resort's beach cruisers.
- Wander through open-air paseos along brick-lined sidewalks as you peruse the dozens of shops on downtown Santa Barbara’s historic State Street, or explore the charming boutiques and cafés of Montecito’s Coast Village Road.