Desert oasis family itinerary
Explore the city from your home away from home at Four Seasons Hotel Riyadh, situated right in the heart of downtown. Plan a day of sightseeing in the sunny metropolis or simply relax by the pool.
Please call or visit the Concierge, who would be happy to help personalise your visit with activities suited to your family’s ages and interests.
Children will feel right at home when they receive a personalised welcome amenity upon arrival. Complimentary amenities for our youngest guests include child-size bathrobes and baby and children’s toiletries.
Day 1 – Explore the surrounding area
Relax on your first day and get acquainted with Riyadh luxury.
- In the early morning, have breakfast at Elements restaurant in the Hotel, where you and your family can enjoy an international buffet.
- Play and relax at the fitness centre and Spa, complete with a beautiful outdoor pool.
- Next, browse through the luxurious brands on display at Al-Mamlaka (Kingdom Centre) Shopping Mall, which includes the women-only Ladies Kingdom.
- Choose from the plethora of lunch choices available at the mall.
- After everyone is full and happy, visit the King Abdul Aziz Historical Centre to learn about the former king’s simple life and see the gifts he received from other national rulers.
- On the 77th floor of the Kingdom Centre, delight in a sumptuous dinner at Spazio Restaurant.
- While partaking in your delicious meal, take in the stunning views of Riyadh as the sun sets.
Day 2 – City and country
Take the day to learn about Saudi Arabia’s history, experience a desert oasis and even have some time to see the animals.
- For a leisurely morning, order breakfast in bed for the whole family through In-Room Dining.
- After breakfast, make your way to the old city, just a 20-minute drive from the Hotel, where you will find examples of Riyadh’s original desert architecture.
- Tour the lovingly restored 19th-century Al-Musmak Fortress, which now houses a museum.
- As you wander the Al-Musmak’s crenellated towers and traditionally decorated rooms, learn the history of modern Saudi Arabia, which was founded in this very fortress.
- Pick up lunch at one of the restaurants in the old city. Ask the Concierge for recommendations based on your family’s tastes.
- Then, take a short drive out of bustling city life to relax in the Hanifa Valley, a nature area that has recently undergone an environmental rehabilitation project.
- Next, it’s off to the Riyadh National Zoo, home to 1,400 animals – including elephants, lions and tigers – roaming the zoo’s wide-open spaces.
- For dinner, relax at The Grill, which has something for every member of the family, whether you’re looking for Middle Eastern fare, T-bone steak or one of our grilled specialties.
Day 3 – Al Thumama Desert
Looking for some outdoor fun? Revel in Riyadh’s desert playground, just 30 minutes from the city.
- Wake up bright and early. Fuel up for your day of adventure with breakfast from Elements.
- Then set out on your journey into the desert. Ask the Concierge for directions and recommendations.
- Rent dune buggies for a day of exhilarating off-road exploration of the desert expanse. Along the way, watch as locals race and take on desert hurdles.
- Having worked up an appetite from all that riding, chow down on the barbecue meal in the packed lunch boxes prepared for you by the Hotel staff.
- Since the desert of Riyadh was once covered by the sea, spend some time after lunch digging around in the sand hunting for fossils.
- Catch the sunset from “The Edge of the World,” a lookout point over the Acacia Valley. The view is framed by natural rock pillars – picture perfect.
- Join local Bedouin desert communities with barbecue dinners, traditional dance performances and shopping opportunities for handmade crafts.
- After a long day in the desert, there is no better place to relax than back at your Hotel room. Why not spend the rest of the evening with a film from our DVD library?