Five Day Full Immersion
Our expert concierge team is delighted to custom-design an itinerary for you that showcases the very best of the Red City. The following is a great all-rounder to follow or to use as inspiration for creating your own perfect trip.
Arrival at Resort
Welcome to Marrakech! Our professional limousine service will pick you up at Marrakech Menara Airport (RAK) and escort you on the 10-minute drive to Four Seasons Resort Marrakech. (Transportation by request and subject to charges.)
- Freshen up with a swim at the pool or a massage at Le Spa.
- Enjoy revitalizing garden-to-glass juices and a poolside lunch at Azzera restaurant
Meet your guide in the lobby for an introduction to the charms of the Red City.
- Begin with a visit to the legendary Majorelle Garden, restored by Yves Saint Laurent and containing more than 300 species of plants.
- Enjoy an orientation to the Medina (the old city) with a tour exploring its souks and the world-famous marketplace.
- Come to Jemaa el Fna – the central square of Marrakech – for a delightful dinner with a panoramic view of the Medina.
- Stop at the Koutoubia Mosque on the way back to the Resort.
Just after breakfast, meet your guide in the lobby and hop into a four-wheel drive vehicle for an unforgettable off-road trip into the Atlas Mountains. You’ll pass through the villages of Asni and Imlil to arrive at the Toubkal National Park, home to the highest peak in North Africa, the Jebel Toubkal. There’s just time for a short hike before lunch.
Get to know Amazigh (Berber) culture first-hand in a local village.
- Visit a women’s cooperative, where women extract potent argan oil for cosmetics and health purposes.
- Learn to make fragrant tagines or traditional khobz (bread) with a local family.
- Take a donkey ride around the area to enjoy the views before returning to Marrakech.
Once back at the Resort, relax in your room or explore the lavish gardens on-site before dinner in our flagship Italian restaurant, Solano.
Take a two-hour chauffeured drive to Essaouira, a UNESCO Heritage site on the shore of the Atlantic. With its gold sand beaches that go on forever, fabulous fish and seafood and numerous water sports, it’s the perfect place for a morning of sun, sea and relaxation.
After a beachside lunch, stroll along the ramparts into the Medina (old city), where you can find the famous earthenware of Essaouira, hand-carved Thuja wood boxes and numerous art galleries. Catch the sunset over the mythic Purple Islands before heading back to Marrakech.
Have a pre-dinner drink on the terrace of Inara before heading for a feast at the city’s best traditional Moroccan restaurant, the women-only cooperative of Al Fassia.
Rise early for a helicopter or hot-air balloon ride over the Ourika Valley. After the ride, you'll spend an intimate moment with a Berber family and discover their traditional way of living.
Continue on your adventures with a gentle hike up to the famous Berber village of Setti Fatma, renowned for its seven waterfalls.
On the drive back, stop for dinner at the ever-fashionable Bô Zin, where the city’s beautiful people gather to sip drinks and dance in a tropical garden.
Enjoy your last morning at the Resort with a leisurely breakfast in bed, followed by a trip back to the Medina to explore its most important sites.
- Bahia Palace: an impressive palace and gardens from the 19th century
- Saadian Tombs: sealed for centuries until their rediscovery in 1917
- Ben Youssef Medersa: a 16th-century school that is one of the great jewels of Islamic architecture
- Souks: where you can practice your bargaining skills and stock up on treats to take home
Arrive at the Palmeraie by the end of the afternoon, in time for a sunset camel ride through the beautiful palm grove.
- Head back to the Resort and come to Le Spa. Relax with a steamy Moroccan hammam, then enjoy a massage to refresh and reinvigorate.
- Trot off into the night by horse-drawn carriage to get one last view of the city’s famous red ramparts.
- Finish with a “1,001 Nights” banquet at local nightspot Le Comptoir Darna. After seeing a mesmerizing belly dance show, head upstairs to test your newly learned moves on the dance floor before heading back to the Resort for a nightcap.