Despite it’s small size, Beverly Hills has a big reputation for all things luxurious. Fine dining, high-end Rodeo Drive stores, A-list celebrity villas and spectacular designer hotels all add to the mystique. But don’t be fooled – the upscale, trend-setting mental picture you probably have in your head is, in reality, more family-friendly than you might think.
Base yourself at Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills; from here, the most kid-friendly attraction are within easy reach.
- The atmosphere. This is Beverly Hills, so whether it’s along the tree-lined, trendy Robertson Boulevard or from behind a magazine at the pool, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to catch a celebrity.
- Endless exploration. The Hotel is located halfway between downtown Los Angeles and the ocean, which provides the perfect central location for exploring the area.
- Fun in the sun. Nothing beats year-round southern California sun and a heated pool with an elevated city view.
- Comfortable accommodations. Though there are 285 rooms, the Hotel has an intimate feel. The staff know you by name, the pool is family-friendly and the atmosphere makes you feel at home.
What the kids will love
- Pool perks. Noodles and kickboards are available for use in the swimming pool.
- Coveted shopping. Lucky for you, the only American Girl Place in all of California is conveniently located just a few miles from the Hotel.
- The deliciously diverse kids’ menu. There are traditional favourites and more sophisticated choices in the Young Hollywood section, including vegetable quesadillas and baked salmon, all served on cute kiddie plates with cutlery to match.
- A trip tailored to them. Do you have an artist, scientist, entertainment enthusiast or a shopper? No problem. Let the Concierge work up an itinerary to fit your little ones’ interests.
What you will love
Photography Hemis / Alamy Stock Photo
- Shopping ‘til you drop. You’ll have a difficult decision between Rodeo, Robertson, Melrose, Beverly Center and The Grove.
- Travelling in style. Make your way to nearby destinations in the Hotel’s Mercedes (based on availability).
- The Spa. Re-energize with signature spa treatments, such as the Swe-Thai (combination of Swedish and Thai) massage, or opt for a poolside or in-room massage.
- Date time. Have the concierge arrange a babysitter, then see a show or visit the J. Paul Getty Museum. Finish off the night by dining at one of the city’s hot spots.
Creative landscaping. All around the Hotel, you and the kids will spot eye-catching horticulture that truly is an art. Succulents in the same pot as a lemon tree? Yes, and it is gorgeous.
Try the fresh pasta at Culina, the Hotel’s award-winning modern Italian restaurant. Sit inside or on the patio with the fire-and-water fountain, admire the giant succulent wall or park yourself at the Mediterranean crudo bar, an Italian take on the sushi bar. The most popular entrée is homemade spaghetti, paired perfectly with a glass of wine recommended by the staff. For dessert, treat yourself to homemade gelato or a dessert pizza.
Dine poolside at Cabana in one of the six pool cabañas or your lounge chair. It’s such an easy option with the kids, who will love the macaroni and cheese. For lighter fare, try the tuna and edamame salad.
5 family to-dos
Photography Della Huff / Alamy Stock Photo
1. Movie time. Put on your favourite pajamas and snuggle back in the room after a day at the pool. Or, head out to one of the many nearby theatres, such as Grauman’s Chinese Theatre (formerly Mann’s Chinese Theatre), or look for your favourite characters at Madame Tussaud’s.
2. Pick a theme park. Spend an action-packed day at Universal Studios Hollywood. See how movies are made, enjoy movie-themed rides and then dine at City Walk, where some of the city’s best restaurants and shops are located. If you’re up for a road trip, Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm and Six Flags Magic Mountain are all about an hour away.
3. Get outside. Visit city parks within walking distance or hop in the car to the Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens. The kids will enjoy making their way through the thousands of animals and plants on display.
4. Relax by the Hotel pool. Pick shade or sun, grab some magazines and relax with the family. If you find yourself poolside without sunscreen or any other essentials, the Hotel has you covered.
5. Learn. Exposition Park is home to the Natural History Museum. See the rare display of three T-Rex dinosaur fossils in different stages of life. Walk next door to the California Science Center for some hands-on fun.