It’s the little things that count at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai. Whether your family is just beginning, all grown up or at any stage in between, Hualālai is a wonderful place to enjoy meaningful experiences together.
We give a special aloha to our youngest guests, and our resourceful Concierge are always close at hand to offer suggestions for tomorrow’s fun family activities, to make reservations for a family dinner on the beach, or to help arrange a babysitter.
When you arrive at the Resort, you are met in the lobby with chilled oshiboris, dried fruit, refreshing mai tais or juice, and beautiful, traditional leis for every member of the family.
Day 1 – Get to Know Hualalai
Spend your first day at the Resort relaxing and exploring the property’s facilities.
- Following breakfast at the oceanfront ’ULU restaurant – where seasonal whale watching from your seat will delight the kids – take advantage of the many activities available at the Resort.
- Change into your swimsuits and choose from our seven pools, including the Keiki children’s pool, and begin your vacation with a refreshing dip.
- At lunchtime, the poolside menu at Sea Shell will satisfy your appetite with delicious casual fare, or pick up a fresh fruit smoothie at the nearby Surf Shack.
- After lunch, visit Fish Circus, where our colourful and smart fish perform complex circus tricks. Kids will enjoy taking turns as the ringmaster.
- Next, make your very own lei at the Ka’upulehu Cultural Center – keep it as a souvenir or give it to a loved one as a gesture of aloha.
- Dine at the oceanfront Beach Tree restaurant, where the Keiki Menu features kids’ favourites like macaroni and cheese, mini pizzas and peanut-butter-cookie ice cream sandwiches.
- Children’s table activities and gadgets – like a rotating pasta fork and an ice cream cone spinner – keep kids entertained while parents enjoy the meal.
- Before heading back to your room, stop by Hale Kula, a game and activity centre geared primarily towards teens but enjoyable for the entire family.
Day 2 – Hawaii's Big Island
Explore the Big Island with a jam-packed day of adventure.
- Order breakfast from In-Room Dining and eat with the whole family on your private lanai.
- After breakfast, rent a car through our Concierge and take a trip north to zipline across Kohala’s albizzia forest. Your final destination is a 32-foot (10-metre) waterfall with a spectacular view of our sister island, Maui.
- Enjoy lunch at the quaint, historic town of Hawi, home to a handful of charming art galleries, boutiques and restaurants set in colourful and lively plantation buildings. You’ll find everything here from handmade jewellery and crafts to homemade fudge and 100% Kona coffee.
- After lunch, head back to the Resort and let the adventures continue at the climbing wall – bring the whole family and enjoy the fun camaraderie and bonding that comes with supporting each other.
- Kids ages 8–12 can learn how to scuba dive in our swimming pool, where our dedicated staff will teach them basic skills.
- Family dinners on the beach are fun-tastic. Private family dinners can be arranged for parties of 5–12 guests. Features include a three-course dinner, private server, floral centrepiece and personal chef.
Day 3 – Fun in the Sun
Build strong bones and muscles for a lifetime of fitness and health.
- Following breakfast at the oceanfront ’ULU restaurant, enjoy more activities at the Resort.
- Kids ages 10 and up can take part in a junior golf clinic, where first-timers will receive an introduction to the basics of golf, while experienced players focus on the fundamentals of the golf swing with great tips from our pros.
- If golf isn’t their game, try the popular Kala Pa’a gold coin tennis clinic, which highlights the basics of the game while making sure kids are having fun.
- Break for lunch at Beach Tree restaurant and dine on California cuisine with Italian influences.
- After lunch, take a Keiki Drum, Dance and Rhythms class, sure to create fun memories for the whole family. Combine simple, dynamic movements with drum rhythms for an experience your child will never forget.
- Dine at an American steakhouse with local flair. Hualalai Grille offers steakhouse classics with twists on traditional sides. Set above the 18th green of the famed Hualalai Golf Course, Hualalai Grille evokes a contemporary club feel, with magnificent golf course and ocean views.