We're celebrating the Fourth of July with three full days of food and fun.
F our Seasons Hotel Houston has developed a number of environmentally friendly practices and services that can help you “green” your meeting. You choose the services that best suit the needs and desires of your group, and we deliver. It couldn’t be easier to go green.
The following services are available at every Four Seasons hotel and resort worldwide and can be selected in any combination, at no additional cost. Your journey to Greener Meetings starts here.
- All meeting correspondence is sent electronically, including sales proposals, catering menus and banquet orders, except for legal documents where hard copies are required.
- Clients are provided with opportunities to donate their decorations and display materials to local organizations.
- Dry-erase boards are provided as an alternative to flip charts.
- Recycling bins are placed in all meeting rooms.
- Temperatures in meeting rooms are set conservatively to save energy.
- Local printing services can be arranged on behalf of clients to lower transportation emissions.
Food and Beverage Services
- China and silverware are used instead of disposable plating and utensils.
- Condiments are served in bulk rather than in individual packages.
- Menus are planned around abundant, local, seasonal and artisanal ingredients.
- Chefs create menus with more vegan and vegetarian options to lower greenhouse gas emissions associated with animal farming.
- Guests have the option to reuse linen, which reduces the consumption of water associated with laundering.
- Leftover or gently used amenities, including shampoo and conditioner, are collected and donated to Clean the World.
- Newspapers are delivered to guests in reusable bags.
- Energy-efficient measures and processes are in place to improve water and electricity conservation.
- Staff are instructed to shut blinds, turn off lights and turn down heat/air conditioning when rooms are unoccupied.
- To conserve paper, guests may have their folios emailed to them upon departure.
- On-site recycling is provided for paper, cardboard, metals, glass, plastics and other recyclable materials, and recycling bins are available to be placed in guest rooms where facilities exist.