Holiday Party Planning
The talented party planners at Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas have put their heads together to help add some festive touches to your holiday extravaganza.
Signature Cocktails and Holiday Mocktails
Make a huge splash with your guests by taking a classic cocktail such as the Old Fashioned and adding a cheerful twist to the name – how about Jingle All the Way or Run Run Rudolph? Spice up your favourite mocktail recipes with holiday garnishes such as ginger or candy cane stirrers.
Gifts that Give
Brighten up someone else’s holiday with a little addition to your party. Partner with an organization such as Toys for Tots or a similar cause and ask your guests to bring a gift to put under the tree for the charity. If your party is small, consider adopting a child from the Salvation Army Angel Tree and asking guests in a creative way to contribute to the child's wish list. You could frame the wish list and place it on a table at the party’s entrance. Have a bowl of ornaments, a donation box and an undecorated Christmas tree near the table. Invite each guest to hang an ornament on the Christmas tree by leaving a donation for the child’s wish list.
create a memory
Everyone loves photos of themselves at parties! Why not hire a photographer to capture candid shots that make the fun last beyond the holiday? You can also rent a photobooth and place some traditional holiday props nearby for guests to use in their pictures, giving your attendees a good giggle and a great party favour to take home. If you’ve hosted a company party, create a collage in the break room of all the holiday party pics, or send an email to your staff with a personalized holiday greeting and a photo slideshow to view.
Turkey is the most popular staple at Christmas meals, but try thinking out of the box. Last year, our chef created a turkey roulade with andouille and cornbread stuffing that became the talk of the town. Serve up a unique and delicious dish at your holiday gathering, and cook more than you plan to serve at the party. Print the recipe as a party favour and send it home with guests – along with a box of mouthwatering leftovers.
Holidays and cookies go together like bread and butter. Always popular, iced sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies cover our holiday trays here at the Resort. Serve these classics and other homestyle favourites for a traditional holiday treat. And don’t forget the hot chocolate and spiked apple cider!
Customized Holiday Experiences
If you are still searching for that perfect holiday venue in Dallas and a great atmosphere for your holiday party, look no further. Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas has some great options for customized experiences that will leave your guests with lasting memories:
Silver and Gold – Warmth from the Klondike
- Pine and evergreen accents
- Frosted décor and blue up-lighting
- Seafood station on ice
- Venison chilli station
- Traditional turkey carving with gravy and stuffing
- Winter root vegetables
- Old-fashioned hot chocolate station
- Holiday dessert station
Bon Noël – A Touch of European Flair
- Candle lighting in windows
- Holiday hors d'oeuvres set as in a European market
- Mulled-wine station
- Roasted turkey with panettone stuffing station
- Norwegian freshwater salmon
- Sautéed spinach
- Belgian waffle station with bûche de Noël and cinnamon stars
Party Planning Tips
- Set the mood for the gathering by making a playlist filled with great holiday music, making sure to include a collection of classics and modern holiday hits. iTunes has several pre-made holiday mixes to choose from. Or try streaming Christmas stations from iHeart Radio or Pandora through your sound system.
- The scents of the holidays are warm and delicious and can put a smile on anyone’s face. Have something baking in your home or at your event when your guests arrive. The smell of cinnamon and nutmeg during the holiday season is nostalgic and conjures up wonderful family memories.
- Use several types of décor for a visually appealing event, such as a combination of flowers, candles and holiday ornaments.
- Great food and drinks can certainly make for a successful party, but be sure to stash breath mints around the room. That way, guests don't have to worry about eating that delicious garlic and mushroom tartlet while they mix and mingle.