Four Seasons Residence Clubs Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo Destination
Explore Costa Rica
In Costa Rica’s north-west corner, in the Guanacaste Province, Four Seasons Residence Clubs Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo is set within a pristine paradise of mountain ranges and waterfalls, tropical forests and scenic beaches.
While Costa Rica has only about 0.1% of the world’s land mass, it contains 5% of the world’s plant and animal species. Numerous national parks and wildlife refuges have helped protect this biodiversity and establish the country as one of the world’s most perfectly preserved ecosystems. More than 25% of Costa Rica is composed of protected forests and reserves.
The natural wonders may be explored with fascinating eco-adventures on land and sea, as well as visits to historic sites and quaint villages. Caressed by the warm, crystal-clear waters of the Pacific, Guanacaste’s beaches are some of the best in Costa Rica.
Renowned for its democratic government and sophisticated educational system, Costa Rica is also well known for its friendly, welcoming citizens – who usually refer to themselves as “ticos.” Their greeting for “hello” and “good-bye” is pura vida – an affirmation for “pure life.”
Your home at Four Seasons Residence Clubs Costa Rica gives you the perfect base for exploring the country and truly feeling like a part of this rich and fascinating culture.
Living within a natural paradise, you and your family can look forward to exciting adventures every time you return home to Four Seasons Residence Clubs Costa Rica. Within easy reach of your villa are numerous options for eco-adventure and exploration. For further ideas or details, the Concierge will be pleased to provide assistance.
- Deep sea fishing
- Boat cruising
- Scuba diving
- Boogie boarding
- Sea kayaking
- White-water rafting
- River floats
- Forest canopy tours
- Horseback riding
- Hiking at national parks with volcanoes, hot springs and rainforests
- Visiting local villages and historic cities
Costa Rica has a tropical climate with two very distinct seasons. The Green Season lasts from May to November, while the Gold Season begins in December and runs through to April. The seasons are so named because they represent the rich colours of the landscape. During the Green Season, there is typically a rain shower late in the afternoon or evening, keeping the landscape green. During the Gold Season, virtually no rain falls, turning the landscape a deep golden brown. In Guanacaste, the dry Gold Season lasts several weeks longer than in other areas.
Temperatures vary primarily with elevation, not with season: on the coasts, the weather is hot all year, while in the mountains, nights can be cool at any time of the year. For the latest weather conditions in Peninsula Papagayo, please contact the Resort.
Travelling to Costa Rica
Four Seasons Residence Clubs Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo is easily reached by Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport (Liberia Airport) or San José International Airport.
Flight times from international hubs:
- Atlanta, Georgia: Hartsfield-Jackson (ATL) – 2,559 kilometres/1,590 miles (3 hours, 58 minutes)
- Charlotte, North Carolina: Douglas (CLT) – 2,769 kilometres/1,721 miles (4 hours, 7 minutes)
- Chicago, Illinois: O'Hare International (ORD) – 3,492 kilometres/2,170 miles (5 hours, 15 minutes)
- Dallas, Texas: Dallas/Ft. Worth and other airports (DFW) – 2,744 kilometres/1,705 miles (4 hours, 10 minutes)
- Denver, Colorado: Denver International (DEN) – 3,759 kilometres/2,336 miles (5 hours, 8 minutes)
- Houston, Texas: George Bush International (IAH) – 2,382 kilometres/1,480 miles (3 hours, 40 minutes)
- Miami, Florida: Miami International (MIA) – 1,770 kilometres/1,100 miles (2 hours, 54 minutes)
- Newark, New Jersey: Newark (EWR) – 3,518 kilometres/2,186 miles (5 hours, 15 minutes)
- New York, New York: John F. Kennedy International (JFK) – 3,524 kilometres/2,190 miles (5 hours, 17 minutes)
- London, United Kingdom: London (GAT) – 8,768 kilometres/5,448 miles (10 hours)
- Los Angeles, California: Los Angeles (LAX) – 4,232 kilometres/2,630 miles (5 hours, 59 minutes)
- Panama City, Panama: Panama Tocumen (PTY) – 4,714 kilometres/2,929 miles (1 hour, 42 minutes)
- San Jose, Costa Rica: Juan Santamaria Intl (SJO) – 151 kilometres/94 miles (54 minutes)
- San Salvador, El Salvador: El Salvador International (SAL) – 734 kilometres/456 miles (1 hour, 35 minutes)
- Toronto, Canada - Pearson International (YYZ) – 3,716 kilometres/2,309 miles (5 hours, 20 minutes)
Costa Rica is readily accessible from all major points in the United States, Canada, Europe, Latin America and Asia. Arrive at a state-of-the-art airport terminal at Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport (LIR), Liberia, via your choice of eight major airlines, including United, Delta, U.S. Airways, Air Canada, Alaska, JetBlue, WestJet, Frontier, Copa Airlines and Southwest Airlines.
Please note: All visitors to Costa Rica must possess a passport that's valid for at least six months after their date of arrival. Those travelling from Europe who decide to pass through Colombia, Venezuela or any other South American country on their way to Costa Rica must also have been vaccinated against yellow fever.
Services Provided by the Hotel
All guests are met upon arrival at Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport in Liberia. Once at the Resort, guests are greeted with a refreshing welcome beverage and a chilled towel.
For a hassle-free check-in experience, guests can book our private transfer from the airport via a taxi, shuttle service, or private transfer. The transfer time from Daniel Quirós International Airport (LIR) to the Resort is an estimated 35 minutes. This service involves a fee.
Private transfer service includes:
- Air-conditioned private vehicle that can accommodate up to five guests and their luggage
- Free wireless Internet access
- The option to use our new mobile video check-in to avoid waiting (curbside check-in)
- Your room or suite ready on arrival, or an alternative room available for rest if your arrival is earlier than standard check-in time
- The option to order meals and beverages through In-Room Dining, which will be ready when you arrive
- Guaranteed dinner or spa reservations before arrival
Our private transfer service is available for USD 195 each way (total fee for up to five passengers). If you would like to book a transfer, please provide us with your flight details at least 24 hours prior to your arrival. Please be aware that there is a 24-hour cancellation fee for arrival and departure transportation.
Please note: Only private transfers will be available for flights within Costa Rica.
We offer an air-conditioned shared Four Seasons shuttle bus for a one-way rate of USD 45 per person. Children five years of age and under are complimentary. Groups must enquire separately.