Directions & Maps
The capital of northern Thailand, Chiang Mai is in the heart of an area that was known as the Lanna Kingdom in the 13th century. (Lanna means “the land of a million rice fields.”) In those days, the boundaries of the kingdom stretched far into Burma and Laos. Today, this history has led to a blend of cultures that gives the north of Thailand its distinctive charm and unique traditions. The landscape is still covered with vividly green rice fields.
Chiang Mai is often fondly called the Rose of the North for its beauty and spirit. Meeting local people in the city’s handicraft centres and centuries-old temples, one finds it easy to feel their sense of sanuk – which means “fun” in Thai – as they welcome visitors with an attitude that is both warm and captivating.
Luxurious limousine service is available to and from the airport and may be arranged at the time of reservation or through our Concierge. Our airport representative will be greeting you at the Airport as you leave the baggage claim, and will then escort you to the waiting limousine.
Choose from the following limousine options for your airport transfer, and enjoy complimentary airport meet and greet service:
- Mercedes Benz GLC250d
Single trip: THB 2,800 plus 7% tax per vehicle (maximum 2 passengers)
- Toyota Ventury Van
Single trip: THB 3,200 plus 7% tax per vehicle (maximum 5 passengers)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Digital device charging station
- Complimentary bottled water and chilled wet towel
Other Limousine Services
Limousine service is available on an hourly basis with a minimum charge. Please contact the Concierge for more details.
Private Helicopter Services
Private helicopter charters are available to connect Four Seasons Tented Camp at Golden Triangle and Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai. Along the way, these rides offer spectacular views of the northern Thai countryside. Board the helicopter at heliport close to the banks of the Mekong River and land in Mae Rim village, a two-minute drive from the Resort. Flying time is approximately one hour.
Helicopter service is also available from Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai to Four Seasons Tented Camp at Golden Triangle. For more information on Advance Aviation helicopter services between the two resorts, please contact the Resort directly.
Shuttle Bus Services
The Resort is also offering complimentary shuttle bus services into town. The drop off and pick up points are the D2 Hotel, just off Bazaar Street, and Nimmanhaemin Road. During your stay, our Concierge would be pleased to assist you with restaurant suggestions.
|Resort to Night Market||via Nimmanhaemin Road||Night Market to Resort|
Directions from Chiang Mai International Airport (CNX)
View directions for your mobile device.
Note: Google Maps directions may differ from the Resort's suggested route.
Travel time: 25 minutes
Distance: 20 kilometres/12.5 miles
- Exit Chiang Mai International Airport and turn right
- Turn left at Mahidol Road, the first intersection
- Continue for another 2 kilometres (1.2 miles), then turn left onto Suthep Road
- Continue on Suthep Road until you reach Canal Road; turn right
- Continue for another 12 kilometres (7.2 miles) on Canal Road; the road makes a right turn
- When you reach Chotana-Fang Road; make a left turn
- About 7 kilometres (4 miles) down the road, turn left when you see the Resort's sign (on the left)
- Continue for about 2 kilometres (1.2 miles) until you see the Resort's signage again, then make a left turn onto the Resort's private road; the main driveway is on the right
Time and distance to city centre
30 minutes by shuttle bus
Time and distance to shopping
- Chiang Mai Night Market: 30 minutes by shuttle bus
- Walking distance to delightful antique shops and art galleries
Time and distance to financial district
30 minutes by shuttle bus
Click here to view.