Four Seasons Resort Carmelo, Uruguay, is pleased to customize itineraries for your group or party, helping you to immerse yourself in the area's unique culture. Since many visits to Four Seasons Resort Carmelo, Uruguay, begin or end in Buenos Aires, the following sample itinerary recommends that you arrive at Four Seasons Hotel Buenos Aires and spend some time exploring the city. We invite you to contact us to explore all the possibilities.
- Welcome to Buenos Aires! Relax and refresh after your flight or drive.
- Once you've settled in, meet with our Concierge to discuss your plans.
- Tour beautiful Buenos Aires, making sure not to miss MALBA. This museum of Latin-American art located in Palermo has a fantastic collection of Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera paintings.
- Stop at Betinna Rizzi leather boutique for beautiful, custom-made items at reasonable prices. They ship worldwide!
- After a cocktail at Pony Line, ask our Concierge to recommend the best restaurants in town. An authentic Argentine barbecue spot is sure to be among the suggestions.
- Begin the day at Elena, where the most famous and reknowned brunch in the city awaits.
- During your city travels, carve out a few hours to walk through San Telmo's well-stocked antiques and crafts market.
- Visit Plaza de Mayo, the most important square in the city, where numerous historical gatherings and political events have taken place.
- Take in more history with a stop at Café Tortoni, one of the oldest cafés in Buenos Aires.
- End your day feeling like a true Porteño (Buenos Aires local) by seeing a world-famous tango show. Feeling adventurous? Sign up for an introductory class and try this traditional dance for yourself.
Pack for adventure in Uruguay. Four Seasons Hotel Buenos Aires will be happy to store any luggage you won't need during your trip to the Carmelo countryside.
Morning & Early Afternoon
- After breakfast, transfer by Buquebus ferry (one hour) in first class or by plane (20 minutes) to Four Seasons Resort Carmelo, Uruguay.
- On your way to the Resort, explore the beauty of historic Colonia del Sacramento, a UNESCO World Heritage port city.
- Break for lunch at a local café or bistro and sample traditional Uruguayan delicacies.
- After lunch, begin your Uruguayan adventure with a private city tour of Colonia or make your way to Four Seasons Resort
- Carmelo, where our experienced staff will be awaiting your arrival.
- Indulge your senses at Pura restaurant with the authentic cuisine of our Argentinean Chef Martin Erkekdjian.
- Begin the day enjoying a typical Uruguayan buffet breakfast at Pura.
- Get adventurous! Choose from activities such as biking, horseback riding, winery tours, golf, cooking classes and more.
- Visit Finca Narbona winery, a charming, well-preserved farmhouse and winery dating back to the turn of the century.
- Speak with our Concierge about experiencing the truly unique Narbona Cave. Don't miss their homemade pasta sampler and
- Narbona's Tannat (a red wine), awarded Best Tannat in Uruguay.
- Settle in by the fire at Mandara Restaurant and Bar's Terrace and savour a delicious Carmelo Mojito.
- Pamper yourself with breakfast in bed as you take in spectacular views of nearby forests or rivers.
- Plan another day of fun with your choice of canoeing, tennis, polo lessons, a fishing cruise, or simply lounge by the pool and immerse yourself in a great book.
- Spend the rest of the day relaxing in our Spa's endless, heated infinity pool. While you're there, try the unforgettable Uruguayan Luxury Wine Retreat.
- Guests returning to Four Seasons Hotel Buenos Aires may either fly via private plane charter (20 minutes) or return by ferry (one hour). The staff at the Hotel will be happy to host you while you await your flight home, or use this time to take advantage of last-minute shopping!